Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Raccoon

This week my sister Lori dealt with the ups and downs of her daughters becomming teenagers; the daily activity of a very active (and the cutest kid in the world) 6 year old; managing her household (and husband) and in a sense, finding herself. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing this with the blog-world, but Lori has started a remarkable journey. She is finding her voice. I encouraged her to blog a few weeks ago, and proud to see that everyday over the last two weeks she is making entries and adding to her growing blog. This exercise in spilling your guts out of the world wide web may seem over-whelming for some. Is this the right way to put your thoughts out? Should so many have access to what seems like the deepest of emotions sometimes? For some, I am sure it's not the right place. For others, it's the only place that works. For my sister, it truly is a place of enlightment and of exploration. She called me the other day and said, "I am a writer." She explained that she never had known this part of herself. One where by simply turning on the computer and logging on to blogger.com she could unleash herself and learn more in those moments then possibly a year of therapy. I am beyond proud of her. And, as a trained coach, one who's life mission will really be to help develope people to their fullest potential, I highly recommend writing down your thoughts. You will never know where these words can take you and who you might find when you write the last sentence down. Everyone has a story.



Lori's lastest entry is all about the Raccoon. A Raccoon that by her very efforts of saving and protecting her babies, she lost them forever. Of course, this is the greatest sacrifice a parent can make. As a waiting parent , I imagine that Lia-Rose's birth-mother will share the same fate as the lovely Raccoon. It's very sad, but joyous in the fact that thru this deep sacrifice the greatest love of all is shared. Please make sure to read the story!



I love you Lori and you are amazing, but I've always known that.

1 comment:

LJC said...

now you've made me cry. thanks you for your beautiful entry, and all of your encouragement. it means everything to me.