Thursday, May 17, 2007

I belong


I never was that type of girl who was in a group. I had lots of friends, but never felt like I was in a special group. Never the sorority type. Yikes not me! But perhaps I've seen Legally Blonde to many times in the last six weeks or maybe I am just tired, but I really feel like, and I've said this before that I am part of something really really big. The waiting mom's club...the adoption community...the trying to stay sane when u think you are just going to go crazy club...whatever we want to call it. I am part of it.
A year ago when we started this process I never ever thought that I'd be blogging...part of Yahoo boards...having lunches and dinners with families from all over who I never met before and sharing my day with so many new friends -who are part of this club or who are just supporting me thru this. It's so cool to have something in common with so many. I am part of something fantastic....I belong!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Beautifully written, Wendi!

Just like you, I was never the type to join groups. To my mother's chagrin, I refused to pledge a sorority. However, this group/community is something I am proud to be a part of.