Monday, May 07, 2007

Every little thing helps!

American Consulate General #1 Shamian South Street
Guangzhou, China 510133
Wendi xxoxxoox-xoxoxoxo
Joseph xoxoxoxo
Dear xoxooxxo, Wendi Gail
Congratulations! the U.S Citizen and Immgration Services recently notified US Consulate Guangzhou that the Department of Homeland Security has approved your petition to adopt an overseas orphan. You must now wait for the China Center of Adoption Affairs to send your agency a referral.....(no shit!)
But the bottom line is...we got our BROWN ENVELOPE today. It's cool only because it's something. It has a whole lot of forms and directions as to what we do when we are there and where everything is. Lia-Rose's medical form to fill out. It's just cool...because, it is one more way to make this feel REAL. Some people don't even get a BROWN ENVELOPE. But we did, and I'm thrilled! (Addendum to the above: I just called my sister to tell her about the BROWN ENVELOPE) Addie answered the phone. I said I have something to tell her mom and needed to talk to her. Addie said she was asleep and I should tell her so she could tell her mom. I said, o'k, tell your mom that I got a BROWN ENVELOPE from China with directions about what I do when I get Lia. She screamed "Mom, Wendi got an envelope about Lia." She then turned to me and asked..."Is she a boy or a girl!"....that's my Addie!

3 comments:

Daniella said...

Congrats on receiving your brown envelope. I did not receive one but I'm still holding out hope since we have the same LID - Very cool - I hope I get one.

Anonymous said...

hooray! very exciting news!!!

xoxo

Susan said...

Well, which is she? :-)~
(Addie's priceless!)

Yes, during this seemingly endless wait, it must be great to get a reminder that something's actually happening on the other end...Congrats on the bouncing brown envelope!!!