Thursday, May 31, 2007

Happy nite before my 4th wedding anniversary


Wow, tomorrow will be four years since Joe and I got married. (June 1st, 2003) I've been a wife for four years! It's really amazing considering I was single for 42 years and never ever thought I'd get married. A long time ago I met a very spiritual man. He looked at me and said "why aren't u married?" I laughed and answered, "I can't even get the guy I am dating to take the R train from Queens to see me on a Tuesday night. A man to marry me! Yeah, sure." This very enlightened soul said to me, "you are meant to be a wife and a mother. That is who you are. It will happen because it is supposed to." I think I was in my early thirties when I met this man, but I held on to his words to carry me through those lonely times.
It was right after 9/11 when I met Joe. The world had changed and I guess you can say both of our hearts were open. Our love story is truly remarkable and one day I'll share the whole story. I swear it could be a movie! Or at least a movie of the week. When we met, this man who was visiting NY from Australia and me-this NYC single gal, we visited Ground Zero. I remember I had maybe been in Joe's presence for less then a total of 8 hours. When we were down there, the site still had smoke around it and the air smelled of death. I however, never felt more alive. I wanted to hold his hand so badly (we didn't!). This man made me feel safe and sound. When he left me a few hours later I wrote in my dairy "I have just met someone that in less then 12 hours has shown me what I am supposed to feel like when I am in the right relationship." At that moment I had no idea what would end up happening between us. Bottom line, our relationship has always been about hope. The hope that dreams can and will come true. The hope that at the end of the day our love for each other will carry us through, no matter what our differences may be. The hope that You plus me=Lia-Rose.
Happy Anniversary "Giggle"...I love you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The beginning of the 5th year of your marriage. Congrats!

Btw, love the skinny arm shot.

Daniella said...

Happy Anniversary - beautiful pictures

Susan said...

Awww....congratulations!!!!

Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats...what a sweet post

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh, what beautiful pictures!!!! I can't wait to hear the whole story!

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Mira!!! Beautiful.. happy anniversary you are blessed and highly favored! love ya ter

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Cyndi and Dean James said...

Happy Anniversary to you...Today 6/1 is also our 11yr wedding anniversary. We would love it if you would read our website and our little story and pictures,too. I hope you had a wonderful day. I did.
Cyndi James
Waiting for Alicyn Shea
LID 10/24/06
www.cd2alicyn.com