Monday, April 23, 2007

The toast that almost wasn't

Opps. It’s been a few days since I’ve posted. We had a busy weekend “pre-celebrating” my 46th birthday. Saw some old friends…. got my new Blackberry (I am very cool). The weather is fabulous and I feel really positive. Just keeping focused on the prize at the end of this whole journey. A friend of mine actually got me angry this weekend. We were “toasting” my birthday over brunch and I said “who knows, next year at this time we should have a better idea of when Lia-Rose will be with us.” This friend kind of rolled her eyes. I said why the reaction. Her response, “calm down. You have no idea when this is going to happen “ Her reaction was very protective of me. She doesn’t want me to get hurt. But damn it…and I’ve said this before. I am so entitled to have this gestation period, just like my sister did and every darn woman who had given birth. So I have to wait. So some days are going to be good and others a little harder. That is life. That is having a baby. This is my time to plan, to daydream and to mentally (and physically) prepare for the biggest job I will ever have. I know this friend loves me like a daughter and only wants the best. But if she is reading, please, I AM GREAT. I am not driving my dear hubby crazy over this (maybe over other things J ) All is fine and this is how a normal expectant parent acts. Please let me have that too! So, I’ll toast myself again….”Here’s to hopefully knowing when our dear wonderful daughter is coming by next year at this time!” Amen!

3 comments:

Susan said...

L'chaim, babe! :-)

Anonymous said...

Your life could change with a phone call...keep toasting, keep looking ahead, keep planning. It's going to happen. Seriously...it's already May. A few months ago, you didn't think you'd survive up to this point and here you are. When Lia-Rose is here, you'll look back and you won't regret a moment.

Stephanie said...

Did I miss your birthday??? Gosh, I am so sorry if I did and Happy, happy belated!

I'm loving how you're continuing to remain positive. You're my role model :).