Saturday, April 07, 2007

Tears

I have to tell u that I am so sorry to be so down lately. I try to hard to be positive. To think about this adoption from a much bigger place. "the wait is the wait"..."she is definitely going to come." ..."she is there and I am a mommy". All that wonderful stuff that I tell myself and I tell other adoptive families. But, the reality right now is crushing. It truly looks like the most recent referrals-they matched two days! That's two days 10/24/05-10/26/05. That means people with the exact log-in date as ours, one month before, missed a match by one day. That means that they still haven't matched all of the October 05 log-ins. I am not an expert, but apparently this is the lowest monthly match in forever. One theory is that because of Chinese New Year in Feb, they were unable to process waiting babies, so there was limited amounts of "paper-ready" babies. I am frustrated beyond belief. I feel terrible for the waiting families that are so close, and yet so far away. I feel terrible for all the babies that are stuck in orphanages all over the world. I feel really terrible for me! Last nite, I cried. I came home from work, barely looked at my husband, ate two pieces of chocolate (i just had to), took myself up to my bedroom and cried. And cried ...and cried. This is the lowest I have felt about this process. I feel so frustrated and angry. Last nite I also felt this anxiousness that she is there and I can't feel her. That I can't pick her up. I know that at our darkest hours, sunshine prevails quickly. I know I will feel better. I know that things will keep moving forward and change is inevitable. But, right now all I know is Angelina is talking about adopting another daughter by this summer. And we wait and wait and wait.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Wendi - I'm sooo sorry you've been feeling like this. I know it's awful.

But now, Coach Sue asks, since you have so much wonderful stuff to look forward to, and you can't control the length of the wait, what can you do to make this time happier for you?

Let's talk!

I'm thinking of you....

Unknown said...

Wendi, I know, I feel it too, and tear up when I see those beauty babies either in person or on the web, you can just feel those hugs & pinch those chubby cheeks. My best solution is to visit or babysit the ones who are near & give hugs to them...sometimes not possible, your adult life gets in the way.
How to keep occupied this next 1++year??? Really I think the best is to just keep busy & think of ways you can give to those who are nearby. It IS hard, but just think, the longer you wait for Lia on this end, the longer she will be with you before she goes off to college!! In fact, they will only be in our direct care 18+- years.

Unknown said...

Hi again Wendi, I found this quote on the APC website:

The following quote helped me during some of those hard days, maybe
it might be of some help to others...... .........

Patience is a hard discipline. It is not just waiting until
something happens over which we have no control: the arrival of the bus, the end of the rain, the return of a friend, the resolution of a conflict. Patience is not waiting passively until someone else does something. Patience asks us to live the moment to the fullest, to be completely present to the moment, to taste the here and now, to be where we are. When we are impatient, we try to get away from where we are. We behave as if the real thing will happen tomorrow, later, and somewhere else. Let's be patient and trust that the treasure we look for is hidden in the ground on which we stand." € ¦’¶
Henri J.M.Nouwen

Stephanie said...

It sucks! Just really, really sucks. I'm so sorry you had such a hard day and I'm sending you hugs from the dirty south.

My husband surprised me this weekend and flew 4 of my best friends in for a suprise 40th party for me. If they weren't here, I would have been right there with you. And right now, I'm too tired from the weekend to deal with the horribly small number of days they referred.

YUCK!