Friday, August 31, 2007

An update, thank you

So, I am here. In the waiting room. Not that many people. One orthodox Jewish
couple and a 40 something woman. I just picked up a magazine about infertility.Put it down. Would rather blog. I am not infertile, in a sense. Having a baby. Please don't cry. Please don't cry. Last nite I googled "complex cyst", read something that scared the shit out of me. It said in some cases could be........ I will not even go there. My head hurts badly right now. Last nite Joe held my hand the entire nite. More people coming in....one woman and I just looked at each other, pain in our eyes....a deep understanding of each other's desire. But stop right there.... I am having a baby. On the way here I passed here group of kids...most of them Chinese. I needed to see them. After this I am buying those black pants at Ann Taylor. Gotta go... I am next.. Ps I just found a penny on the floor.....


Phew! First I told him was “guess what I am having a baby!” He was confused but happy for me. Anyway, will have a simple minor procedure in October. Should be in and out pretty quickly. Everything looks good. Thank u for your prayers and love. On the way out of the office the nurse was explaining what my insurance would cover. She said "you are covered for 1Ok worth of IVF treatments." I looked at her and smiled and said "no thanks, not interested." She looked surprised until I explained that I was already expecting thru adoption. She smiled and said, "you know, I wonder myself why go thru all of this fertility stuff when you can adopt!" I smile and agreed and walked out with a huge sigh of relief.

5 comments:

Daniella said...

Glad to read your update and that you are ok. My sisterinlaw is going through some heavy pregnancy stuff right now - very complicated genetic stuff and she was just told about the ivf 10k thing and I blurted out the same thing - why do that you can adopt - we'll see. Your in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

So many good things are in this post, I don't know where to begin. :)

Stephanie said...

Oh, so happy to read this post. Now more about those black pants.

Julie and Steve said...

Hi Other Lia's Mom! Glad things sound like they will fairly minor to fix. I hate "woman problems" - blah. I'm thinking positive thoughts for you!

JoAnn in NJ said...

Hi Wendi!
So glad to hear your problem is minor and easily resolved!

Congratulations for being brave and getting through a difficult day!

And yes, you are having a baby! Congratulations!

Hope those black pants are fab!
Have a great weekend!