Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Not a thing to write

I want to write. I have nothing to say. Or do I? I figured I would really just sit here and type away and see what my fingers typed. Years ago I got really into a spiritual teaching called the "Course of Miracles". The author of the huge book/bible type thing sat at her computer, well typewriter in those days and just let her fingers talk. She ended up writing pages and pages of beautiful thoughts and leanings. Was it god speaking to her. The words were very moving and at that point in my life they spoke loud and clear to me. The main lesson I learned was that a miracle truly is a "shift" in thinking. A new belief system for yourself. I remember how grateful I was to really understand that. It took me years to probably make the full "shift" but eventually I did. And, it has certainly brought me to today. Author, speaker, XM Radio Host on Oprah Marianne Williamson bases her philosophy on the Course in Miracles. If u have never heard or saw her speak, she is amazing. I remember when I first saw her. A short, petite Jewish looking woman. By the way, I can say that because I am Jewish and I know what I am talking about...and I am pretty sure she is Jewish as well...but back to the point I was trying to make...remember, I am letting my fingers lead the way here....I saw her speaking....I wanted to be just like her. TO inspire...to help people change their negative thoughts into positive ones...to make a difference. I think that is what is leading me to many of the things that I am doing in my life. My coach training, my creative development skills, my adoption support group, maybe this blog. I dream to help effect change. To make a difference in the world. And if that difference is bringing one little girl home to me, then I know that I am doing the right thing. So now I will hit publish. I checked for typos, but I am not entirely sure what I wrote.....so here goes....

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are definitely on the right path. You do inspire. Now continue on.

Anonymous said...

Wendi,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I have pages and pages of random thoughts. It's amazing how much of the real me is in that writing. Keep writing..... and inspiring!