Sunday, August 26, 2007

Shoppers alert



One of the wonderful things that happen when you lose almost twenty pounds and a new season is approaching…you get to go shopping. And that is what I did today. Joe thought I'd have more fun by myself (and he was right) so I hit the big outlet mall near me, Jersey Gardens. I pranced around that place for a good four hours, having the most luck in the Ann Taylor store, and a few good finds in Banana. I do tend to go a bit overboard when I go shopping, but was very diligent to be smart about my purchases and make sure that the skirts I bought would match with more than one top, and visa versa. I think I did pretty well, and was happy to see that the sizes went from Large/Mediums to Medium/Smalls. A job well done this summer, if I say so myself. I ended up with three new skirts and three new tops. They all coordinate with each other pretty well. I also bought Joe a few things as well.


 

I am however very hungry this weekend, which I attribute to being very PMS and have fought very hard not to cheat. I haven't. I have realized how easily it is to go off my eating plan. If I give in to the temptation that is calling me in my refrigerator, "have an extra snack", or how about the one that says "go get an ice cream cone"…I will not listen. I will ignore. I wake up tomorrow feeling prouder for it. Next weekend the whole family is going on a one night cruise to "nowhere". I will give myself a break, and not over-indulge, but give in to a small treat for myself. It's been almost 4 months on Nutri-System, and I have really surprised myself how well I have done!


 

Anyway, today is the 26th…tomorrow the 27th….that means we are officially in double digits! Till tomorrow…..

4 comments:

Daniella said...

Good for you - what a great feeling to go shopping and by smaller clothes. I LOVE Ann Taylor (loft) also. Tomorrow we are double digiting.... yeah for us - getting closer, day by day.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss and the shopping

Susan said...

Holy crap...almost 20 lbs?? By all means, splurge on some pretty things to show off that hard-earned bod!!!

Stephanie said...

I agree with both stores (AT & BR). They both have superb petite sections.

How fun and so deserving! Congrats again!!! So proud of you :).