Thursday, August 09, 2007

New strategy

I have had a brainstorm! I have a completely new strategy in this whole waiting game....and here it goes...." I really don't care when this baby comes. I can wait for five years and it won't be long enough. I am not ready to be a mother. I could care less when it happens"....hmmm, doesn't sound nice,I am over exaggerating but the strategy is this...perhaps we want it so badly that it's like the watched pot that never boils or the phone call you watch the phone for, and it just never rings....so the tactic is by not wanting is as much as we do, maybe, just maybe we can turn this thing around. I know I make absolutely no sense. I am tired and hot and my gums hurt (long story but apparently I have inherited my mother's gum issues). There is something to this. It's the same thing with my diet. I refused to get on the scale and concentrate on the number, and guess what, I have felt empowered through this whole three month diet...and as of the day before yesterday when I jumped on the scale for my twice a month weigh in with myself...I lost...drum roll please, another two pounds! Total 17 pounds (premenstrual!) In fact I read an article today that said just this...stop concentrating on the number on the scale...on how you want that scale to move....just do it and stay off the scale everyday...so I apply the same philosphy to this wait...let's not obsess on it so much...release it a bit...we have no control over this so let the universe or whoever it is that controls our destiny do their thing....let's just let it be...and let it happen naturally.....who knows? Tonite it just sounds right....

4 comments:

Daniella said...

This sounds like a plan I would like to follow. I've been obsessing so much lately - doing the math, figuring out how old I'll be, Joe will be, Joseph will be, for crying out the loud how old Ms.Boo will be. I AM STOPPING RIGHT NOW - I'M NOT READY EITHER - slow it down CCAA - who cares!!!
By the way I also like your scale idea. I'm on that darn thing too many times a day! Staying off. Hope all is well....

Email Marketing Yenta said...

That's my girl Daniella...we dont' care CCAA...nay nay nay..we don't care!!!

Stephanie said...

Brilliant! I'm in!!

Anonymous said...

I am with you Wendi! No more asking, "Are we there yet!!!!!"

Let's just enjoy the ride...

There are lot's of great things about this journey.

Like getting to know you!