Thursday, June 21, 2007

Life cycles

In life there are good things....I mean not just good but great times when things are going well and all those around you are ok. Then there are times that aren't so great. It is life and it truly is a matter of functioning during these sadder moments and still knowing how blessed you are. My aunt passed away on Tuesday nite after a six month decline in her health. Not always that close ,in recent years we had reconnected. She was one of the first people I told about the adoption and she was over the top excited for me. In fact at the young age of eighty something Aunt Helen expressed an interest in adopting as well! Her life was not always happy. She struggled with some unhappiness and self-doubts. In the end she had found great peace in a marriage with a someone she truly respected and loved as well as being very proud of her sons. Not to mention she was wildly in love with her granddaughters who are fantastic young girls. Although there were strained relationships at times, I am so blessed to have a real grown up relationship with her at the end. She repected me as an adult and I felt very honored to have been a part of her life. Aunt Helen I send you prayers. I am sad that I did not see you the last few months but have happy memories of our last visit. You are at peace now. Rest.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Wendi. As always, you've written somthing beautiful in remembrance.

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Oh Wendi, I'm so sorry.