Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day



Today is Father's Day! We spent a nice day down at Lori's . Although bitter sweet for me...(Lori and girls leave for a summer at overnight camp, yeah them...I just miss them so much!), it was great to see all. I think it's appropriate that I speak about the two most important dad's in my life. My father and my husband. I'll start with my daddy. And, he is still my daddy. A man who has always been there for me, who is never afraid to share his opinion, and who loves me like no one else in this world. That's my daddy. He is the most special man in the whole world. I remember when I was a little girl, he would come into my bedroom to check on me to see if I was asleep. Sometimes I wasn't and I remember him so vividly stroking my head and saying softly (tot-tee tot-tee-that is yiddish for something) He hates "music of today". He despises the Bushes (don't' we all in my family) and he still is in love with my mother. Put a bowl of cherries or grapes in front of him and watch him go! Oh we can drive each other nuts sometimes, but I wouldn't trade that in for the world. An amazing man, father, father in law and granddaddy.... I wish him only happiness, health and peace. I love you Aaron!!!! Here's a typical shot of daddy on Thanksgiving...carving the turkey! And now my husband. I am sorry you aren't with Adam and Annie today. (In fact it's not even Father's Day in Australia.) You are an incredible man and father yourself. They say a girl always marries a man like her own father. I can understand that...you are geninue like my dad, you are caring like my father and you love your children as deeply as my daddy loves me. I can't wait till your third child is with us, and you can share that love even more. I love you Joe. (Here's a photo of Joe and Annie from this winter. She is definetly daddy's little girl...forever and ever more!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL POST, SHISH