Friday, March 09, 2007

Various blabbing


It's been a long week....and a fast one. I must say the days are going more quickly as I've been sooo busy at work. My offices is moving in Summer of '08 and there is lots of talk about the renovation of a building we are leasing. I enjoy hearing this, because, selfishly I know that (fingers crossed) summer of '08 I'll be either home with Lia Rose, or in China getting her. I like that we are working on projects that are in this same time frame. The big issue is that the office is in downtown Manhattan and not a hop skip and a jump from the bus I take to Jersey. I'll have to figure it out, I want quick routes back to my baby when she is here. Anyway, I have no idea how I got off onto that tangent. What is cool about my blog is sometimes, like now, I have no idea what I'm going to write about and I just let my fingers do the talking. Last nite I saw "Spelling Bee" with "my friend" Susan.http://www.slinky37.blogspot.com/ I told her today that during the show I peeked over at her. Susan is by the way waiting for her baby from Russia. Anyway, she is a very beautiful young 40 something New York chick. She is hot, bottom line...anyway, I looked over at her during the play and for the first time she glowed like a mommy. I can not wait for her referral. She should getting it soon. It is certainly time! I know she is ready. On another note, this Sunday "my friend" Susan and Ann Marie (another great lady-we have been work colleagues for years-adopting from Russia http://comeundone.typepad.com/- are attending an International Adoption Conference this weekend. We are all looking forward to getting together, learning more about adoption and special issues associated with International Adoption and generally just making fun of people and of ourselves. (Smile) But seriously , looking forward to it. Now u may ask, where is Joe in all of this? The poor man is working. The business he works in is in busy season so I barely see him. I just opened a beautiful bottle of Australian Chardonnay and I'm waiting for him to come home to relax. Tomorrow, it is little Nyla's birthday. Nyla is turning one. Her dad and I have been friends for 20 years, and I feel like I know her mommy that long too. They are awesome. Live about 100 feet away. I hope they still are living here when Lia comes. Nyla and Lia will be almost the same age and hopefully they can spend a lot of time together. Anyway, enough...this ramble babble has gone on long enough. One other thing though.... yesterday, March 8 is exactly one year until my niece Hayley and Sydney's Bat Mitzvah. Isn't ironic that yesterday post was about a Chinese adoptee celebrating hers? Really cool connection...or maybe it's just me!

No comments: