Friday, March 23, 2007

Something I didn't want to bring up

I have been very careful not to complain about the wait. After all, I recogonize how fortunate and blessed we are to be in the line....after all, as most of you know with the rules changes, Joe and I would have probably been ineligible to adopt from China. Lia-Rose is there, and I know I have to be patient. But I do have something I have to bring up....and it's this constant feeling of getting three steps a head...and then five steps behind. I am a very optimistic person and believe in attracting positive thoughts to all of this...but everytime another month passes (we are almost at 5 months into this wait!) it seems with lengthening wait times, that instead of saying 10, 9, 8, 7, we are just stuck at 12 or 14 more to go....it's a bit frustratrating ....and I am reading about how time is all just kinda of happening at once....but I'd like for once to feel that we are getting a little closer. O'k, that's it. My complaint, observation and just plain rant...I put it out there...now move on...but if any of you are feeling the same way....please comment below and share!

3 comments:

Susan said...

You know I hear ya, sista! The only thing keeping me sane is knowing how many other parents, who now have their kiddies home, went thru the same thing. But if I may sum it up...arrrrgh!

Stephanie said...

Hi Wendi. My lid is one month behind you. I completely feel your frustration about the wait. Our referral seems so abstract right now I almost feel as if we're not even adopting.

Then I start to feel guilty about complaining because I've only been waiting 4 months and I have friends that are at 16 months.

Funny thing is that we just started to explore options for adopting #2 and were told that we could have a baby by this summer (domestic). We were both like omg that's too quick. Oy.

Hang in there and lean on the great supportive community we have :).

Daniella said...

Hi Wendi - I feel like I've been saying 12 months since we began the paperchase - the other day a friend said - you said 12 months last time I asked - hmmm? Well we are almost 5 months closer - Have a great weekend.
Daniella