Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The 1010 Rule

I didn't visit this blog all day yesterday or today (well until now) and I watched my counter and see that others did! It's the coolest to know that people are out there actually reading this blog. I have to say thank you! I attended a big adoption conference over the weekend...the biggest thing I came away with is this (well lots more and I'll cover it later)....and for those who know me well...u will see how funny this is.....we were talking about how hard this waiting period is. We are expectant parents, but in a different way then if I was carrying my baby...anyway, the Social Worker said that she applies the 1010 Rule. Once again, for those who don't know me well...the rule itself is great advice....for those who know me personally....how funny is this..she said that the 1010 rule means thatone is thinking about adoption ....24 hours a day....all adoption all the time.. like that local radio station 1010 wins-all news all the time ... this was not a good thing! We have to limit our adoption thinking....say for 22 minutes or less!!!! (because this particular radio station delivers the news in 22 minutes or less!) Anyway, she actually didn't say the last part about the 22 minutes....but maybe it does make sense....like a watched pot doesn't boil....or watched phone doesn't ring.......the less u think about something....the quicker it seems to happen! Yeah, right! I'm not going to think about this!!!! (Smile) Read Ann Marie's recap of the event: http://comeundone.typepad.com!

No comments: