Thursday, March 29, 2007

I am calm and no more angst


Suddenly it hit me this morning and a calm came over me. Yesterday was rough. I just felt so frustrated about this adoption and the waiting game. A friend of mine, Teri wrote me some very calming words, “Lia is already your daughter... she will come when the time is right..you are where you are meant to be at this moment in time, everything works out for your good..” So I thought about it. My heart tells me that when we get LIa-Rose’s referral, she will be about12 months old. Now, if we aren’t getting this baby for at least another year or so….of course I can’t be with Lia-Rose. She isn’t even born yet! I feel that Lia-Rose is just now in her birth mommy’s belly. She is developing in this wonderful woman in China’s womb. Maybe she kicked today…or blinked an eye (can they blink). Maybe her China mama is tired today and has to rest a bit more. Maybe her China mom has swollen ankles and can’t walk as far as she used to. Maybe she is beginning to show or is popping out already. I can’t be with Lia-Rose right now…regardless of the adoption waiting game, I truly don’t think my baby is born. And as my dear and brilliant friend Teri said, when the time is right, you will be together. For some reason, really understanding and acknowledging this, has taken some of yesterday’s angst away. (PS I like adding pictures. I googled "Calm" and got that picture above!)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Great perspective, Wendi!