Monday, September 03, 2007

The treadmill

I try to keep this blog a positive place to come to. A refuge from rumors and negativity...but, this morning I read about new referrals. A whole four days bunch. To give you some perspective for those not in the adoption world....in the past 12 months, they have referred roughly 4.5 months worth of dossiers for waiting families ...from 2005. We aren't even into December 05 yet. I guess the positive spin on this is that we are still just shy of two years. You know how I feel. I am on a treadmill...and I am trying to get down the block, but it's hard on a treadmill to get to the end of the street...I am running faster, I am running uphill and then down...but I am getting nowhere. My heart is beating faster, I am breaking out into a sweat, but I am not getting any closer to the end of the street...just staying in one place.

3 comments:

kitchu said...

Well, except maybe you're running SO hard on that treadmill that it inches up, a little. Inches kinda suck though, don't they?

Daniella said...

I'm on your treadmill and we are still not moving - well maybe a bit but not much. Totally bummed with this 4 day batch. It just plain sucks!

Susan said...

Hey girl...I sooo feel your frustration! I'd love to offer a helpful suggestion or something, but the treadmills we're running on are (slightly) different, so I can only try to imagine what this one's like.

Will ya take a big ol' hug???