Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Post From the Train

Wow. I have had simply a whirlwind of a few days. As this blog is broadcast to the world, I need to keep exact details of where I was and what I was up to at a bare minimum. Trust me it is not that major at all, but for certain reasons I will keep to myself. It was however simply mind-blowing for me. I was surrounded by incredible people who in a sense were kindred spirits. There was an acknowlegement of who I am in a way I never expected. By the way, in complete coincidence, in a room of 12 people one night, there were four of us connected to international adoption. One has two girls from Russia, one a daughter adopted 19 years ago from Portugal, one who is in the homestudy stage and considering adopting from China or Tawain and of course me! What a cool red thread we shared. Anyway, I am currently sitting on a train heading home. I am exhausted both mentally and physically, all in a very good way. I really feel my future manifesting. I am trying to control changes as much as I can. I share this with you all who are waiting with me because this is what we need to do, to move this process forward. I can not wait to share more about what I am doing, and will do that soon....but for now know that I am working hard to manage my life for it is all about that little girl waiting for us in China.

In other more "shallow" news, I pat myself on the back.... There was temptation galore...lots of wine, I managed to have one glass a night.....I really am not a big drinker so that was easy....but there was bagels and cream cheese, thick sandwiches with delicious fillings, plates of cheese, olives and crackers, filets and pastas, french fries, potato chips and nachos, cheese cake, chocolate covered pretzels, birthday cake and cookies.....I maintained....said to myself, it is not worth the temptation.... And just stayed in control. It feels great to say that this is really becoming my lifestyle. I say again...my eye is on China and beiing the best I can be!!!

4 comments:

Yoli said...

This is a wonderful journey. I am glad you are blogging. We are waiting for our second child. You will see, it is like nothing you have ever expected, yet more than you could hope for.

Daniella said...

Good for you with all that control - I'm patting you on the back too :) Can't wait to hear all the details.....

Stephanie said...

I don't know what it is you're up to but I am so so proud and excited for you already.

Way to maintain, too! I myself can't pass up cheese.

Susan said...

OMG, I'd NEVER have made it past the cheesecake and chocolate covered pretzels. You're awesome!!!!

Meanwhile, I wanna hear the dirty details about the rest. I'll give you a shout.