Friday, July 13, 2007

A letter to my daughter, Lia-Rose

Dear Lia-Rose,

It is Friday, July 13, 2007. As I sit here and type this letter to you I have no idea of when we will be together. That is the truth. I don't know if it is an optimistic year from now, or could it be 18 more months, could it even be two more years? I know it really doesn't seem fair sometimes. I want to be with you so badly. I want you in my arms more than anything else in the world. I sit and watch others get pregnant and then poof, nine months later their baby daughters and sons are in their arms. With us, it is not that easy. You and I Lia-Rose have something in common right from the start. We both are fighters. We are survivors. We will hold tough until we are united. I don't know where you might be right now. You may be growing at this very moment in your birth mother's tummy, or safely tucked into a crib with your nannies and sisters in an orphanage. You might be taken care of by a wonderful Foster Mom and Dad. I just hope you are safe. I know you are a fighter. Fighting for us Lia-Rose. Being a brave little baby. You might be crying for food, and no one can feed you. You maybe are longing just to be held. All I know is that you are surviving. You are o'k. Because you are being a brave little girl. You are my daughter and we will fight this to the end to be together. No matter how many months of tears and crying. No matter how much we long for each other's embrace. We are both putting on happy faces. Staying calm and focused. No one will guess from the outside how much we are aching for each other on the inside. It's our secret.

Lia-Rose, we will be together. That is the way it is supposed to be. It's love that brought us to this journey. It will be love that will bring us together. I love you forever and ever.

Your mother to be

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is beautiful!!!!