Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tummy aches and labor pains

When a woman is pregnant her belly grows, her breasts swell, her hormones surge, she craves tunafish at midnight. Although this sounds like me during my menstrual cyle, I will never experience any physical changes as I become a mother. No one will be asking me "how do u feel" or offer me a seat on a crowded bus. Evening phone calls won't be filled with concern about "how are you and the baby doing?" This gestation period is longer then most and is chock filled with just empty time -- waiting. It's hard to explain. It's hard to expect anyone to understand that I am as pregnant as the next expectant mother.That I have the same fears and hopes. The same concerns and excitement. Thank godness there are tons of online support communities as well as in person groups. There are alot of women who are going thru the same emotions as I am. Right now it's just a waiting game. All the "work" is done. I am officially "inseminated" but now instead of a belly filling up with a beautiful baby I wait for a piece of paper from the US government which will give us the green light to bring our baby back in the country then for the Chinese government to assign me my baby. This will take longer then nine months. I won't have labor pains in the true sense of the word, but my tummy is filled with aches and pangs of love for my baby just like the true mother that I will be.

No comments: