Friday, August 04, 2006

I met another mommy

Tonite I met a wonderful women named Marcia. We have a mutual friend named Karen who introduced us. Marcia adopted a beautiful girl named Catarina over four years ago from China.
We have been emailing for the past few weeks and she has been sending me photos. She has been so wonderful to me. Basically, she keeps saying to me...

"Wendi, this is going to happen...you are going to be mommy! Celebrate it. "

She told me stories about her daughter, who is just a sassy and spicy two year old.
She even walks around saying "OY VEY!"

My hubby Joey and I laugh when we think of all the funny things Lia Rose is going hear
"Oy vey".."gut ta nu...! ' Probably a few "Aussie Aussie Aussies!"
She is going to hear all of these funny Jewish expressions missed with her daddy's funny English Australian accent! Oh Lia...you poor child..a Chinese, Jewish, American, Australian princess who lives in New Jersey! I hope you won't be too confused. (smile!) I just want you to know that you are loved and taken care of. I wish you to have a happy and fulfilling life! With a life filled with adventure

On Wednesday, we go to Immigration for our finger prints...then I go get my police certificate. Lia, this is the end of the process. I am hoping in about six weeks from now our file will be will be DTC (Dossier to China).....then the wait....but we are almost there !!!!

No comments: