Sunday, August 27, 2006

Pickles at nite

There are rumors all of the message boards that state that the CCAA is changing the rules as of January '07. For all those that don't know,the CCAA is the organization that controls adoptions in China. Right now referrals are backed up and it is taking more then 12 months to get referred to your baby. A few years ago it was six months. In order to control the numbers, the rumor is they are going to change the requirements. Basically limit single parent adoptions (very sad), age restrictions, financial, and health...to name a few. I should be logged in, please god, way before this...Not even sure how it would effect us, although possibly the age could. I am just pretty nervous that something will go wrong with my paperwork, the restrictions will be enforced and I'll become ineligible. This is what is driving me nuts! .I make so many scenarios up in my head. I have to stop and start being positive! .We are well on are way, and if it takes longer then expected, so be it. (All I know is that it is 12:34am on a Sunday nit, I can't sleep, I am stressing. I am also hungry and just ate three pickles ...I know gross, but there are no calories. ) I wrote the director of my agency today, and shared my concern...Below is her response...

The stuff on the internet is just rumor. Nothing has been changed at this time and certainly won't be until January, if ever. Try not to worry, nothing has changed. Ruthie

No comments: