Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sunday thoughts

It's Sunday August 6th. It's been so hot around here that the leaves on the trees are falling off! If I were just to guess the date from looking out the window, I'd guess late September. It's been a crazy summer weather-wise. Yes, I do believe in what they are telling us about Global warming...I'd recommend if you haven't to see Al Gore's piece, "An Inconvient Truth". Not to get political here but when you are adopting a child from the other side of the world you really begin to take note about how the world's activities will effect your child and your adoption. Sometimes I get scared the entire world hates us and China will say, no more adoptions. Or that a World War will break out and my baby will be out of my reach. I don't like thinking about this, but I must confess, the thoughts do cross my mind.

I have two step children, Adam and Annie. They live off in Australia. I miss them very much. They will be with us through the holidays and Annie will be spending another six whole weeks here following Christmas. (In Aussie it's summer in December) We haven't shared the big news about Lia yet because it's not fair to break this huge news over the telephone or in an email. I can not wait to tell them. Then it will seem really "real" to me! I hope they will be excited for us all. Lia will be thier little sister too. Australia is in our future, and Lia will be a big part of their life as well from here on out. I think Annie will be especially excited. In fact, I would love to bring her to China with me when we go to pick up Lia. I think she would not only be a great support, but really appreciate the experience as well. She is a beautiful child, or shall I say young woman, she is13 years old and is not only gorgeous on the outside, but has a heart of gold on the inside. I can't wait to make her a big sister!

No comments: