Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Red Thread

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief

I love this quote. It actually gives me goosebumps when I read it. In so many ways, I truly believe in that red thread. For those who don't know it, I met my husband when he was on the otherside of the world. Yes, that red thread brought us together. It made so much sense to me that my baby would be brought to me this way as well. "Regardless of time"....who would think a wife at the age of 41 and mother at the age of 45....."Regardless of Place" I am here in the USA-Joe was in Australia, Lia is in China....."Regardless of Circumstance"....life isn't perfect, but it's perfect all together. It's simply amazing, it truly is. And when I begin to doubt, I think of this red thread....in fact I wrap the idea tightly around my heart....and I move on.

Today was a big day for us. The final piece of the paperchase....the last leg of the "first trimester"...immigration was a easy. Thankfully, we got in there early and out in five minutes.
Don't tell Joe (honey if u read it here that is o'k) but I told the fingerprinter that I felt like crying. He asked me why? I told him that this paperwork he was helping me process was the final piece of paperwork we needed to send our file to China. He smiled as he took my hand and placed on the fingerprinting machine....and stupid me had tears running down my face.

Now, my wonderful husband came home from work at 3:30a...he works in events and the hours are nutty....never even went to sleep. We left the house at 6:30 am and waiting outside the place for an hour...we were number 7 and 8 in line!

The next thing I did was go to the local precinct to get my Police Certificate of Good Conduct.
I have been unable to get there until today (I took the whole day off!)...anyway, of course I walked out with ...but of course in my neurotic way I got scared they had something on me!
Of course, all was fine.

So now, we wait for the I171 to come back from immigration, the "orphan visa"...and that is sent with our Dossier to China..then we wait....and pray and hope it goes quickly and hope Lia is o'k.

More tomorrow...but I have got to also figure out how to add a background and photos to this thing....it's sort of a boring looking blog...my girl deserves better!


Below are abbreivations used in this Chinese Adoption world that I am in.....: More on them later...

ACR: Age of child requested
AYAP: As young as possible
BDIS: Bureau of Citizens and Immigration Services
CCAA: China Center for Adoption Affairs
DH: Dear husband
DOR: Date of Referral
DOT: Date of Travel
DTC: Dossier to China
DW: Dear wife
LID: Logged in Date
NSN: No special needs
RQ: Rumor Queen
SN: Special needs child
SW: Social Worker
SWI: Social Welfare Institute
TA: Travel Approval

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How totally appropriate....I imagine you know this already, but in case you don't I will enlighten you...in Judaism a red ribbon or string is often placed on a newborn baby's crib, stroller, car seat etc. and even around "her" wrist. It is plsced there to keep the evil away. I love you and and so happy for you. This is a lovely idea and I am enjoying reading this and will continue to do so throughout your journey. It is a wonderful way to share in your experience and I know Lia will greatly appreciate it. Always and a day...Judy

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would love to mention that this post extremely forced me to try and do therefore! really nice post. thanks, here's a similar subject you'll like [url=http://cookiedietreview.info/88/if-i-eliminate-all-soda-cookies-cakes-chips-and-sweets-from-my-diet-and-eat-only-fruit-veggies-beans/]best way to fast weight loss[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wanted to know of any tool or i think you call them Aps to show you the best deals? I'm aware that you can type in a search in google and you only get the advertisers that paid the most, not the best deals. Any help would be great.