Friday, October 26, 2007

Soul Food

I just realized I haven’t posted all week. I hate to say I needed a break, because that is ever so dramatic…”I need a blog break”, but whatever. I just didn’t feel like saying or sharing or just even being online. How bleak do I sound? I just haven’t felt well all week. My cycle is completely messed up which has, and to many of you, thank you for asking, pushed my surgery back a week. It’s so cute, the coordinating surgical nurse from my doctor’s office calls me everyday, “did u get it yet?” My surgery should be next Wednesday.

.O’k, so this may sound immature, but there are two fourteen year olds in my life, who just don’t return an email or a phone call anymore. I hate that. I hate that I am so uncool or whatever that neither of them will take the time to get back to me. I won’t say their names, but I love them both so much. And, I want to hear from them. Thank goodness for a 12 ½ year old and a 6 year old who at least will take my calls!

Tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for. It’s October 27th! I can’t wait. This was the day that I set as a benchmark when I started my diet. I mark the day by eating whatever it is that I want. Now I will not go crazy. There is only one thing that I have been waiting and waiting for. It’s round, it’s soft, it’s creamy and it’s my soul-food. I am splurging with a delicious whole wheat bagel (and it is not small) vegetable cream cheese, lettuce, tomato, lox and onion. Bagel Buffet here I come! It’s my Jewish soul-food baby, and tomorrow I am feeding my soul. It’s our one year log in. Need I say more?

5 comments:

Daniella said...

Okay you just described my favorite food too- I would prefer an everything bagel though :) Can't get good bagels here - another reason for me to take a trip to NY! I just did my one year post - sorry it's a downer. Happy one year to us!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, ladies, you can't get good bagels in northern Westchester either. The last time we bought a good bagel was 8 years ago when we lived in the Bronx!! And speaking of 8 years, tomorrow Jeff and I will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary which was this past Wed. (Seeing Legally Blonde and having dinner at one of our favorite French restaurants.) Yes, it is also all of our 1 year LID anniversary, but like Daniella, feeling sad and frustrated and praying that it is only 2 more years...how sick is that!! Anyway, hang in ladies and Wendi, enjoy that bagel, feel better and let me know how next Wed goes. xoxo

Unknown said...

congrats and that does sound yummy

Susan said...

Can hardly believe it's been a whole year already! And you've made it this far!!! You absolutely deserve to splurge and spoil yourself a little. Go crazy on that bagel! :-D

Oh, and in the
"way easier said than done" category, please try not to take the 14-yo snubs personally. I know other people, dads mostly, very upset because they're suddenly hitting brick walls where their loving children used to be. It's all part of being 14 - hanging with an adult makes THEM feel uncool. Unsettling, but normal.

LJC said...

Good morning my shish! Your monthly counter below says 12 months!!!!!!

Mazel tov, this is a great milestone.

We love you so much. (Even the 14 year olds...who, by the way, don't even respond when I yell their name across the house, don't take it personally!)