Tuesday, October 09, 2007

i want to be in the show!

When I was younger and not living my fullest life, I used to feel as though I was the greatest audience. I'd watch other people have these great things happen to them and I would cheer them on. I was the audience member that would laugh at the jokes, applaid the loudest and always demand an encore. Whether it was watching someone get wed or have their first then second child, Their life was star attraction. I was lucky to be an understudy. Anyway, after many years of self growth and many many shifts, I realized I had been on centerstage myself, the whole time. So fast forward to now. I sit, back in the audience filled with others like YOU. We watch the ever unfolding drama, that at many times plays like a tragic comedy, and watch others on the stage moving forward with their plans. Families are growing, plans are being made. Life is happening. For the audience, we applaud those before us and cheer them on, sincerely and honestly. We ache to take part ....a chance to feel what it feels like on that stage. A chance to look over at others and see them cheering for us. I do take a certain comfort in the audience. I have been here before. But whoever is casting this show, I am damn ready for that lead. I am ready to take center-stage!

9 comments:

Daniella said...

What a great post Wendi~ You are going to be the lead in the show and your going to be a STAR!!! I just left you a v/m

Susan said...

I can sooo relate to your (awesomely written) post!

But let me propose a thought. You're ALREADY a star! You've found love with a wonderful guy with a cool accent, have created a full career for yourself, and are in process of adopting a beautiful daughter from a far-away place! Holy cow!

If that ain't a lead role, what is?

:-)

Email Marketing Yenta said...

I gotcha my Susan...absolutely, I am ready for act two though! The part where we all have our babies in our arms.

xoxo

Daniella said...

Commenting again - Susan is right - you already are a star - 2 late 2 call u back - hope we can talk tomorrow.

Stephanie said...

I third that!!! Susan could not have said it any better my friend.

ps., I want to hear Joe's accent :). I'm a sucker for an accent.

Stephanie said...

I third that!!! Susan could not have said it any better my friend.

ps., I want to hear Joe's accent :). I'm a sucker for an accent.

Daniella said...

I love accents - I want to hear too!!!! Hope your having a good day!!!!!

Susan said...

Joe's accent is pretty hot, ladies. ;-)

(Whoops, are we getting off topic??)

Email Marketing Yenta said...

LOL....wait till Joe finds out he is the topic of conversation!