Friday, October 05, 2007

14! going on...OY!


No not months logged in but the age today of my oldest neice Hayley Rose! Happy birthday my Haylzz. I swear, I remember it like yesterday. "Wendi it is time. You better get down here." My mother said to me as she woke me up at something like five am. The Phillies were in the Playoffs and the whole town had baseball fever but all I cared about when I entered the city of brotherly love on the Amtrak from NYC was that my sister was going to have a baby. I honestly was never so excited. I made it to the hospital just in time, got to see Lori right before labor and soon heard the words that will always be logged into my memory..."It's a girl, It's a girl" shouted throught-out the hallways by Grandmom! Our lives have never been the same! Hayley and then soon after her sisters became a great part of my life. At times for me, everything revolved around them. Hayley is fourteen today and I can hardly believe it. In typical teen fashion, I suppose Aunt Wendi is not as cool as she once was, but our bond is unbreakable. Hayley is sensational. Smart, creative, self-confident in a way that ( and Lori will agree with me) neither of us were.she is a beauty on the inside and out! I want for her happiness and peace in her life. I also want her to remember that she is the prize and I pray she continues to have the self-respect that more importantly than ever we want our young women to have. Hayley and I have an expression that came from a trip we took when she was five and Sydney was 3.5, we kept gettng "stuck" together because Syd just wanted mommy. Haylz and I would look at each other and say, "once again, it's Hayley and Aunt Wendi!" I hope we can look at each other for many years to come, saying the same thing!!! Happy Birthday !!!! And, this year's gift is...drumroll please......Hairspray on Broadway!!! I love Haylzz!





Another thought….

When I was single girl, I read my horoscope every single day….why of course, was I going to meet him today? Anyway, I really stopped checking in to that part of the paper. Today, I was reading the “If it’s your birthday today” part to see what the world had in store for Hayley….and I glanced at mine…..Taurus. Wow…can you say, I believe!

Eventually good fortune makes its way to the Taurean corner of the world. Your ability to PATIENTLY WAIT YOUR TURN makes you one of life’s winners. This steady perseverance can outrun anyone else in the game. When the going gets tough, most people bail out without a second thought. This leaves the playing field free for those who remain….YOU.

2 comments:

LJC said...

I'll make sure she reads this as soon as she gets home from school.

OY is right. We're having 15 boys and girls over tonight to celebrate.

I'm not ready for this!!!!

Daniella said...

What a beautiful girl. Hope her birthday was awesome. I'll have to go check Lori's blog to see how it all went.....