Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What's up

I felt like I haven' t written lately....been busy and tired. I love having Annie here! Right now, Joe and Annie are cuddled up on the couch talking. They have a wonderful relationship. Annie is just the sweetest. The only problem is she won't let me kiss her. (smile) She came to work with me last week, and did a terrific job. I had her do a big mailing for me. She is coming tomororow as well, to finish that mailing. Last weekend we had dinner with my friend Alice and her 4 year old Olivia. Olivia kept asking me how I was having a baby if the baby wasn't in my tummy. I explained to her that my baby was in my heart, and she was being born in China to another mommy. Then I was going to bring her home to us to be her Forever Mommy. On Sunday nite, Annie and I went to see TARZAN on Broadway. (Great show). We were joined by my friend Marcia and her 5 year old Chinese daughter Catarina. (They are in the process of adopting #2) I'll post photos soon...but it was so special to see Annie and her together. Catarina adored Annie. I kept imagining what the future will look like. This weekend I'm going to meet one of my adoption friends Christine and her daughters (adopted from China). She is in the process of adopting #3. All these great great women....it's just wonderful to have all of this great support and company! So besides having cravings tonite for Chinese food and chocolate.....I'm doing o'k...having Annie with us certainly is keeping me busy. I think I learned one of my first lessons in mommy-hood last nite. I was really tired, and I just wanted to come home from work, get a glass of wine and get in bed. Annie wanted to cuddle and watch television with me.....it would have been easy to say, good nite....but I remembered, " Wendi you are the mom"...so I hung out with her , and went to sleep a bit later. It was wonderful and this is what it's all about!!!! If you are reading and haven't commented, please do...I love to know who is checking us out....even though sometimes I feel that this is a bit self-serving, and some in my family can't believe how open I am ...it is a wonderful escape for me. And I love the fact that I can share like this...and that so many are keeping us in their thoughts. The bottom line is that in 15 years, I want Lia to read this blog and see how she was so loved and cared about even before she was in my arms.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Irisa said, (hi Irisa), she loves reading, and so do I. See, you actually do have a lurker or two!!

Unknown said...

Hi Wendi, Know that I am checking your site almost daily, and love to get the updates. How was Wicked? You didn't comment...I see that you have been so busy. My almost 19 y o daughter just went back yesterday after 2 weeks break after 1st semester college. Oh, yes, the sitting on the couch, you have to catch those moments, they are so rare, but the ones remembered. I am so envious that you get to spend time with other adoptive families: my 2 friends with Chinese girls just moved back to USA in Dec. 8( Keep the thoughts and dreams flowing & recorded via this wonderful blog.