Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ramblings of a tired woman

It's been a busy few days, and I haven't been blogging.....first off, my aunt is still not well....so, that has been weighing on my mind. I don't know how to put into words what I am feeling. I don't want to offend anyone in my life. But this is my blog, and it's a place that I come to share my feelings and my thoughts. You see, one day, my daughter can read this and learn a little about me. What I was thinking and feeling in the months leading up to her birth. If I come off emotional at times, it's really o'k. This is a safe place where I choose to do so. The people that are reading this are in two groups....1. My friends and family who love me 2. Other Waiting families and adoptive parents who are going thru similar experiences. Having the comfort of those going thru similar experiences is something I can't put a price on. It's invaluable to me. The way I share with my new friends in the "adoption" word is so healthy and truly priceless.
Going thru this "pregnancy" is very much like a biological pregnancy. There are obvious difference, mainly weight gain and an exact number of weeks till baby day....but the emotions and the excitement is the same. Whether it's 9 months or 18 months....knowing your going to be a mother. Imagining what your child will be like. Comparing notes with other "expectant" moms...it's all the same. My sister Lori said it best, no one really understands either way! And she is so very right.

No comments: