Tuesday, January 09, 2007

CNN thoughts, what are yours?

I did not see Friday's show until last nite. ( I had read transcripts) They were very smug that nite. I got the impression they thought they were trying to be humorous. It was terrible.I do give credit to CNN for re-addressing the issue last nite and admitting publically that they had received numerous(thousands) of complaints. I felt that David from FCC was good...I would have liked to see him debate the panelists, especially Roland, who I felt to be incredibly arrogant....he just angers me. Anyway, the reality is, not all people understand what we are doing. I remember telling some business friends about our adoption, and they started joking that I was trying to be like Angelina Jolie. Why wasn't I getting my African child? Not everyone is nice. Not everyone is open minded to different kinds of families. Not everyone sees things the way that I do. That is the big lesson I am learning through this. I can critize CNN all I want. But that won't change the fact that there are millions of people out there, with millions of opinions and ideas of what is right for them. At this point I am going to do my best to protect my family from attacks, and work towards hopefully opening the minds of those that don't understand.

No comments: