Sunday, January 28, 2007

Alone again

Between Joe's hip surgery in November and then having my stepchildren here, my house was filled with activity and people! With Joe at work this morning, and all day yesterday, it's the first time in a long long time, that I've been completely alone. Well, Molly my dog is with me, but I mean with other humans. I, unlike many, have had many many times in my life where I was alone. I married "later in life" and spent many a weekend in my little walk-up apartment on the Upper West Side of Manhattan completely by myself. In fact, years ago, with no computer to play on, I have no idea what I used to do. I think I must have watched alot of television! This morning I actually took an hour long walk. I really needed it. I love to get my exercise, and I have to admit, I've been really bad at making sure I do. One of the commmittments I am truly making to myself over the next few months, is to really get back into that part of my life. I realized my birthday is just around the corner in April, and it's the biggest number I've had to face yet. In fact, I'm going to be closer to the big 50 then the big 40! It goes fast. Knowing that I am going to be a mother is making me not feel "that" old, so it's even more important to get this body in great shape! I am hoping by spring Joe will be ready to take some long walks with me too....not only for exercise, but to actually spend time together. Isn't it crazy that married couples are so busy working and taking care of "stuff" that it's hard just to actually be together.

Before the kids came, I put away all of Lia's stuff into a drawer. Not that I have that much stuff, but what I do was put away. I didn't want to have it in their faces -this news is just brand new to them and I want to give them time. Anyway, now that Annie has gone back home, I pulled Lia's stuff back out. I hung the few items that I have up in the closet. It makes me feel good to just look at it, and remember, that this adoption is real.

And, most importantly, Annie is home, safe and sound! Apparently out shopping already!!! That's my girl!

No comments: