Monday, January 22, 2007

From the top of the Mountains


We went to Vermont this weekend. Joe had promised Annie she would see snow! And boy did she....it was so utterly breathtaking up there. Cold beyond words for a skinny gal from Australia. But she had a ball playing in the snow, and even getting a ride on a snow mobile! Not sure she appreciated the beauty as much as we did, but the view of Vermont from the top of Stratton Mountain (yes, we went up, and came down on the ski lift! No we don't ski)it was incredible. I felt like I was in the North Pole.
We stayed in a lovely motel outside of the mountain called Manchester. I saw the stars really shine there. At one point, I got really dizzy and light headed while looking at them. A feeling came over me I can't explain it. I will mark this down now, but I think Lia may have been born this weekend or maybe conceived. I know it sounds nuts, but I do cling onto this hope that I can have this deep connection with her. A mom can hope....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A mom can hope indeed...never underestimate a mom's intuition :)