Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What to expect



http://http://www.amazon.com/What-Expect-Toddler-Years/dp/0684816776/sr=8-3/qid=1170298010/ref=sr_1_3/104-1357849-5402321?ie=UTF8&s=books

I realized that through this whole adoption story that I am wrapped up in, there is one thing I haven't spent much time thinking about. I have researched, read, searched the web, networked with others and pulled my hair out about everything having to do with adoption and with adopting Chinese babies in particular. One of the things I haven't really spent much time doing or really focusing on is the fact that I have no idea of what the heck to do when this little person enters my life. Thankfully my husband, sister, mother, father and several very close friends have been there done there when it comes to parenting a baby/toddler...me however, nothing! I know that my stepdaughter and nieces will surely have words of advice for me, but quite frankly, they have never raised a toddler, just have been one more recently then me. Anyway, I decided to get smart about this, and considering I have another year or so to wait, I bought the above book today. It's over 800 pages and I learned tonite that it's o'k for toddlers to toddle and fall!!!! Happy reading to me!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love this posting! I'm also so caught up in the paperchase and thoughts about travel, I catch myself thinking, "What do these things eat at 18 mos?? I'd better find out!". My sister in law once confessed that all thru 9 months of pregnancy she was so excited about the idea of a family, and that this is how you make one, that it never really dawned on her there's gonna be an actual tiny baby involved!

Thanks for today's little reality check. :-)