Saturday, January 31, 2009

Awfulness

I should have know when my Chinese paperwork went through so easily for my original submission to China that this Taiwan process would turn into a headache. Unreal..it's too hard to explain and I'm exhausted...but in the past two and half hours I optimistically was dropped off in front of the Taiwanese Embassy on 42nd...said to my husband..I'll be right out..ended up in the most stressful two hours of my life trying to explain to officials why I needed my document authenticated and why it was o'k because I was just there...put my facilitator on the phone with them who basically guilt-ed them into doing me a favor..cried in front of them...ran outside like a maniac to get $100 to pay them...saw that my husband got a parking ticket for $115.00...am sweating shaking and hopeful that on Monday I can pick these papers up and we can finally send back to Taiwan. It's just awful that Lia's life is now on hold because of paperwork. I know it's the law and the system...but it's just too much. I pushed, I cried, I aggressively but nicely made it work..but it shouldn't' be this hard....

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

It really shouldn't be this hard when the lives of children are involved. Sorry that it is.

Jocelyn said...

I am so sorry:-( Sending lots of hugs your way tonight.

Joanne said...

Oh, I'm soooooo sorry!!