Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dear Lia,

I truly hope one day you will get the chance to read this blog and this entry.

I started this blog almost three years ago as way to both document our journey to you and connect with others who were going through this process. I met so many friends and spent lots of hours reading and following the stories of others.
Right before we got your referral I decided to make my blog private. I had started a new job which was going to give me more exposure on line and I felt like this was just a bit to close for comfort. I felt uncomfortable that those outside of the adoption community and my friends might just stumble on my very very personal words.
Then, once we got your photo and we knew right away that you were Lia-Rose , it was even more important to me that this blog remain private. This is your story and one day you can decide if you want this to be public or not. I have a few folks who read me often and I know are checking in. They love us and love you Lia-Rose and are all here because they support us so. One day when you know your full story and we put all the pieces together you can decide who you want to share this with. I just want you to know how much I respect your privacy and your story.

But right now, at this very moment , know that I love you. That we are BLESSED to have you as our daughter. Lia Tsz-Huei Rose, you move me to be great. To be the best person I can be. You are my favorite person in the whole world. Yes, that's true. You are my love. I'm your biggest fan and supporter and this Mama can't wait to really get to know you...I know we will have our fights and arguments as you grow up...but that's o'k. I fought with my mommmy and I know that my mommy is my best friend. She will be there no matter what. And guess what...so will your mommy. I'll always be there kiddo.

So on this date, January 27, 2009, we are hopefully just a few weeks/months away from bringing you here ...remember this...you were loved before we met you, you were born in our hearts, you are our Lia-Rose. You are everything..and we love you, forever and ever and ever.

Love you always,

Your Mama

2 comments:

KJ said...

Dear Lia Tsz-Huei Rose,

I am your Auntie KJO. I may not be your blood Aunt, but I love you as if I were. I love you even though I've never met you. I'm sure there will be many things about you that I will grow to love and many reasons I will love you so ... but right now I mainly love you because of they joy you bring to your mommy and daddy ... who are my dear friends.

I can't wait to tell you how much they wanted you, how long they waited to find you, how hard they fought to bring you home, how immensely they loved you from the day they laid eyes on you. I know they will tell you that often, but you will also hear it from a lot of people. You are one special little girl Lia-Rose ... you have filled the heart of your mommy up in a way only a daughter could. We are all waiting for you to start your forever life here! We love you so!

There is so much I want to tell you Lia - but I guess I mostly want to thank you. Thank you for being you. Thank you for making the world a better place for your family, your extended family and the many friends you have yet to meet. Thank you for making your mommy's dreams come true and for making all our lives just a little brighter.

We love you.

Love-
Auntie KJO

veggiemom said...

Lovely...
Hope you get good news soon.