Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Patience

I know that is what most people tell me during this wait. But I have to tell you, I've heard it, I've heard it, I've heard it. And guess what, I don't have it anymore. It's gone. Zip. Outta of here! It's a different situation having patience around a situation where there is a clear idea of when your patience will pay off. In this case, that doesn't exist. No one knows. I'm tired of talking about it. I'm sure you are tired of hearing about it. So no more. My patience has worn thin my friends.

As many of you know, I am a trained executive coach. As a coach, I work with clients examining their professional and of course overlapping personal lives if that is something my client chooses to share. The core of my work is examining the following-Where are you, where do you want to be? What are your strengths? How can we use your strengths to help you get you to that place where you want to be?
What are the obstacles standing in your way? What can we do to remove those obstacles
?

Here's my frustration. When I apply this to my own life, and this situation I am in with this adoption wait, I clearly understand where I am ...and of course where I want to be. I know my strengths, I know how applying my strengths can certainly help me. It's the damn obstacles. In this case, they are out of my control. That is where my frustration lies. I can't do a damn thing to change this current situation. I have come to the realization that I must make some sort of change in thinking. Perhaps the circumstance is not exactly how I thought it would be.

I know I'm speaking in weird circles here. I however, understand myself. I know my husband does as well.

I am no going to paint false hopes for anyone anymore. I think the time has come for me to face the truth. And now, with that obstacle out of the way. I will do what I have to do. Don't get me wrong, I will most definetly be a mother.

5 comments:

LJC said...

No question, you will be a mother.

Soon, this will be a distant memory.
xoox

Jane and Jim said...

I can TOTALLY relate to your frustration. It's actually physically painful. I've personally decided to lay low and not think about it anymore (until the summer). Sometimes I just want to give up - not yet though.
Hang in there.
I got your blog from Come Undone.
Good luck with the wait.
Jane

KJ said...

again - i am just sending you a hug... i wish i could do more. i SO WISH i could click my heals and have your daughter in your arms. You are going to be an amazing mother ... I'm just so sorry for how frustrating this is. do whatever you need to do - and I am always here with my love and my support.

Susan said...

Wendala - I know you won't give up because I know you know there's a little person out there who will be sooo incredibly lucky to have you as a mother.

I also know what you mean about the change in thinking (what with us having met thru coach training and all!)...and yes, this is clearly one of those situations where the facts may be out of your control, and yet you still have the power to change the 'situation'. I have total faith in you to do just that...and PLEASE let me know if there's any way I can help.

Lots of double-talk, but most of all... BIG, BIG HUGSSSSS to you.

xoxo

Joanne said...

Yes, you WILL be a mother! It's good you are getting it "all out" - how frustrating and crazy it seems with the wait time -

From where you are coming from as a "coach" you automatically think with common sense...in this case all sense is thrown out the window - because you are dealing with your heart!

I look forward to the day I check in to your blog to see your daughter...as you do now with mine :)