Sunday, February 03, 2008

Clinton vs Obama



So, not to get all political on you, but this primary has me just torn apart. This election for many reasons is so important to me. It's the first time I'll vote for a president who will lead this country when my daughter comes to live here. This is the President who will lead the way for our next generations and make history. This world is way beyond myself now, it's about creating a world for my daughter. A world that is peaceful, that is prosperous. A world that doesn't set limits. A world that is equal in opportunity for women and men, for Blacks, Asians, Hispanics and Whites. This election will elect the President who can essentially put this country back on track. This election is for my daughter.

So, I am lost. I am confused. I am hesitant to say that this once absolutely sure vote for one of them, is questioning which way to go.

For those who know me, you know that I am a Democrat through and through. My parents brought me up in a very politically active and very aware household. We worked every election growing up. Parties were always "politcal" parties. As a young adult I worked in campaigns and dedicated my time to campaigning. Perhaps in the past few years, not as much. But, I still care. I still have a deep interest and I am still concerned.

So where does this vote go. To the person who I believe is far more qualified. Who is for sure a doer. The person that I am sure will see that action is taken. Or the someone that hasn't proven themselves to me yet, but there is so much hope and excitement around. Who is charismatic and charming. Do I listen to the pundits and polls who say that one candidate will stand to beat the GOP's better then the other? Where do I place this vote? This is about making the world a safer place for this child who is coming into my life....a better place for my step-children, my nieces and little cousins. This is about our future.

I never ever thought that I would see a woman or a black in the White House. It is overwhelming to me that this is what my choice has come down to. A white woman and a black man. I fill up with tears, truly when I think about this. This is so very exciting and we are living in truly historical times.

So, on Super Tuesday, I will vote. I will vote for Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama. I vote for my Lia-Rose now. My vote, is for her future.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

My dear, I keep going back and forth. One day I'm Hillary all the way, the next I'm ready to put an Obama 08 sticker on my car. The good part about that is I will truly be happy with either outcome.

I'll call you this week. My mean reds are subsiding.

xoxoxo

KJ said...

What a wonderful time we get to live in. How exciting that we can think about real change... history being made - FINALLY! How incredible it is that you can blog about who you are going to vote for ... and pose these questions ... and know that someone isn't going to show up at your door an arrest you (or worse). I am so happy so many are engaged in this election ... it is so important and so promising. When we cast our votes, we cast them for our children, nieces, nephews and for the future. And THAT, is pretty darn cool.

Jocelyn said...

I can't decide either. I took a little test this week though and Obama was who my thoughts were more aligned with...but I go back and forth!I too like Stephanie, will be happy with either!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh...and I decided that Pacey could very well be the first female, black, Jewish president:-)She is so smart!!!! Just look at her!!!

Susan said...

I'm hanging right there with the rest of you. This is one crowded-assed fence!

JoAnn in NJ said...

Well, I am one person not on the fence! I am HILARY all the way! Her experience, leadership and intellegence are the key for me.

As for Obama, I think he's being "cannonized" by the media, the Kennedys, etc. I think he's too unseasoned to take office in this time. I am so disappointed that the SL endorsed him...obviously because of the Booker/Newark relationship

We're in tough shape and need experience to help us out of the black hole of suck that our current leadership dug for us!

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Joanne...that is what always brings me back to Hillary...those same thoughts...

kitchu said...

So weird that it seem so natural to finally have an African-American and a woman running, that I forget to even notice!