Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Dear Hillary

I am truly sorry. I have been your biggest fan and supporter for years and years. You are brilliant, a hardworker,and tough. I admire your persistance, your courage, your determination. I was all set to vote for you. I have publically supported you for sometime. I have sent you money. But in the end, as I stepped up to that voting booth, I changed my mind. I voted for your opponent. I voted for Barack Obama. I fast forwarded to the general election. I saw how the Republicans would attach you. How the get out the vote would be "it's time to get out the Clintons". I don't want to hear about the past. The scandals, the stories filled with lies. It's enough. I didn't want to hear a debate about character. I want to hear a debate about issues. A debate about changing the course of this country. With a Clinton, I'm so sorry to say, that isn't always possible. I don't want it be that way, but that is quite frankly just the way it is. I am so sorry. I am so sorry that I didn't follow through with my pledge to you. I just had enough.

Now, Mr. Obama, I pray you don't disappoint me. I have now pledged my support to you. Show me substance. Show me guts. Your speeches of hope are inspiring... but I do know that hope really comes from within. I want to know that you can get things done. Surround yourself with smart people. Surround yourself with people who are action makers. Please don't disappoint. Don't take my vote lightly.

So, in the end, I traded experience and action, for what I hope will be a more substantial campaign. A campaign that truly may help bring this country..black, white, asian, hispanic, jewish, christian, muslim ...together. I am taking a bit of a leap of faith here....but, I suppose all change requires risk. I hope I am not wrong.

Now, no matter what, make sure to vote today....your choice is your voice.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I know this was really tough for you my friend. Your points have made it clearer for me as well.

xoxoxo

KJ said...

I'm with you all the way - and you've made great points on all sides. I don't think he will disappoint ... I really don't. And I agree w you that Hillary has done remarkable things for this country - but Barack is about change ... and I think we need that now.
Either way - your point about voting is SO important! We all have our say - and are lucky we do!

Jocelyn said...

Great letter...I am with you on this one!!

kitchu said...

Damn girl. You rock.