Saturday, October 21, 2006

Thanks Madonna!

Ok, I have to admit. It really is unfair how Madonna was able to just go and get her baby.
I mean, god bless her for trying to the right thing and help this boy (although I do feel if she wanted to help him so much, why not give the father some money to go and make a better life for his son-something isn't right here) but there is no way it could take under one month to adopt a child. Perhaps we will find out that she filled out an adoption application, submitted it to an agency, did a homestudy, had her fingerprints taken, had medicals done, had letters of refererence written, submitted photos of her family life, did a letter of intention as to why she wanted to adopt a child, then submitted an I600 form to obtain an I171 to bring the orphan back into the USA....but perhaps she didn't need to do the last part since she lives in England!!! Hmmm, I don't think so!

Last week I attended a dinner for a friend who was getting an award. I saw a lot of old business associates who I hadn't seen in some time....I of course was just thrilled to share my news of my adoption...but almost everyone I told cracked a few jokes..."ha ha, are u adopting your African baby now"...or "oh you are trying to be just like Madonna, huh? " I found myself defending my baby. And what I was doing. I know no one meant to hurt my feelings, in fact I know they were thrilled for me...but the jokes were hurtful, and as mom waiting for her baby....it really isn't funny....

Anyway, on a lighter note, I went out today and bought Lia a few things...I know, I shouldn't ...but I couldn't help it, and I have to say they look nice hanging in the closet. It feels really 'real" when I see them there. Plus, I had to get a gift for my "cyber shower" buddy in my Yahoo September DTC Group...we are officially known as "The Red Threads of September"...each month, we will buying each other gifts!!! This month theme is zoo....

No comments: