Sunday, October 29, 2006

My first Halloween party as a "mom"

A new friend of mine Marcia, invited me to join her friends and family at a Halloween Party. Marcia is awesome. She has a beautiful daughter named Catarina that was adopted from China four years ago. There were a few other families there with their adopted daughters, and it was so awesome to feel connected. They know exactly how I am feeling now, and I gotta tell you, it felt great to be apart of something. I always envied my sister and husband and the huge group of friends they have in the "hood". I can see how my adoptive community will only grow as time goes by. Right now, I am completely into. I am excited for Joe to become a part of it with me! Last nite I had so many dreams. In one of them , my step children were meeting Lia for the first time. In the dream Lia was older, maybe 9 or 10. My stepson Adam was playing with her and hugging her. Annie was buying her jewerly. I had another dream about this family I follow online. They just are in China now meeting their twin daughters. In my dream, I was meeting the twins as well. Tonite I may find out about more referrals. FIngers crossed they match a larger group...remember, positive affirmations! The families I met today encouraged me that during their process there were tons of rumors as well and the time frame just kept changing. They also said, before you know it, she will be here!

No comments: