Friday, October 06, 2006

Happy Birthday Haylzzz


Hayley Rose is my sister oldest daughter. My first born niece. She was 13 yesterday! I can't believe how time flies. From the minute this child was born, we had a special relationship. Although she cried everytime I held her or looked at her for the first 11 months of her life, I know everything would be o'k when her mommy asked her at the age of 1, "What does your Aunt Wendi say?" ....Hayley, the beautiful baby, proudly said "GUT"...(an abbrievation of a silly phrase I must say about 1200 a day...GUT TA NU, Yiddish for something like..."my god I love you so much) Hayley and I have a special relationship. From talking on the phone....pretty much constantly since she was about 2....to IMing on the computer....to hanging out with her friends, especially her best friend Samantha....I believe that my relationship with her is deeper then just niece and aunt. We are friends. And, I know that friendship will grow. Hayley was the first to really teach me what love meant. The first to make me feel like I could be a mommy.
Now do not get me wrong, I am equally in love with her two sisters, my Sydney and Addison. Hayley was just the first. Happy birthday to my darling niece Hayley. You are not only beautiful, but adventuresome, talented, smart and most of the time ...very very sweet. I will always be there for you. When I got my I600 approval in the mail, I called my hubby first, and then the girls...Sydney was screaming. Hayley was screaming...and she said to me, "Wendi, you are going to be the best mom ever!" Thanks Haylzz...I couldn't have done any of this without you.

No comments: