Monday, January 21, 2008

I really saw her face

Whether or not you believe in analyzing dreams or that whether what we see in our dreams are true, I saw Lia-Rose last night. For the first time, I really saw her and "felt" her. I didn't have a good nite's sleep last night. A few things on my mind left me a bit aggaitated, and I tossed and turned. I finally fell off to sleep and then she came. She was my daughter. She was handed to me and I said to her "Hi, I'm your mom and I'm going to take care of you the rest of your life." She was not a baby. More like a four year old. She had long straight black hair and she had bangs.She wore a turtleneck sweater and jeans. She also wore glasses and she was absolutely the cutest daughter any woman could ask for. She let me hold her. We both looked at each other and I remember I was scared, and said to myself, "ok, what happens next."

In all this time, I have never really dreamt about her like this. Last night, I really saw her face....it reassured me. It calmed me. I felt fulfilled. I saw my daughter.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

You did indeed see you daughter! I had a dream back in 2004, before we even thought about adoption. I was "handed" my daughter in that dream and didn't realize at the time what would happen. Then, when we decided to adopt my sister in analyzed that dream and it all made it sense...I did question it when we got Mia's referral and I thought...why would they "hand" me a 19 mos old - she would be walking. Sure enough on "gotcha day" they walked in holding her and she was handed to her mommy :)
That was more than a dream...it was meant to calm you and reassure you that your daughter will be in your arms...soon :)

Susan said...

Yep...what Joanne said.

She's out there...and time will tell, that may very well be your daughter. (And that "what happens next?" part shows you just how real it may be!)

Daniella said...

What a wonderful dream. She is coming.

LJC said...

when i was expecting the girls, i used to have the most vivid dreams about meeting them. it was the best, because i was so anxious while i was preg-o, and it would ease my mind.

when expecting hayley, i dreamed she the baby was born, and it was a 17 year old boy. he had blond hair and it was rather shaggy,and he was just beloved by everyone that knew him. lol.

Susan said...

And when I was expecting Alana I had a dream I was adopting a 17-year boy with dark shaggy hair and...oh, wait...different dream. ;-)