Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Working woman



I am sitting in a hotel room....well it's a 750 square two bedroom duplex suite at a Residence Inn in the middle of Pennsylvania. I am on a business trip, which is always fun. To get out of the daily grind and have your outfit picked out for tomorrow is quite relaxing. Plus, knowing all your meals are paid for, not to bad. I don't travel that much with my job, but from time to time, a business trip calls and I travel. I started thinking today what it will be like when I am a mommy ... a working mommy. I have no choice with that situation. Financially, it is called for. And that is o'k. It is what it is. I love my job and my professional success. My baby will be taken care of. Thankfully she will have a loving daddy who will be with her when a business trip calls. It's the day to day I wonder about. I want to be able to continue to give my job the energy it needs for success and more importantly, I want to give Lia Rose all the energy she deserves. I think that working moms are pretty incredible. I think that stay at home's are as wells...I just need to learn how to do it all. How will I manage? I will have no choice. I will learn how to make it work. How to get home in time to be able to spend quality moments with Lia Rose?.How to leave in the morning without regretting every second I am away from her? How to spend my days at the office, focusing on work, and not feeling guilty for not thinking of my baby?. How to be there when she is sick? How to be there when she is scared? How to be where I need to be when my boss calls? I know, it's a challenge. I am up for that challenge. Lia Rose I promise to make you proud and to be there for you always.

No comments: