Monday, February 12, 2007

A mother's love-it's not a secret


Today I am in one of those moods. Maybe it was because I saw all those adoptive families yesterday with these wonderful little girls. Maybe it's because ...well maybe it just because....bottom line, I am so in love with this baby of mine. A baby that doesn't even really belong to me now. It's so crazy. Lia is just as real as anything to me. She is a part of me. She is in my heart. I can feel her, I can smell her sweetness and taste her richness. She is extraordinary and to think I haven't even met her yet. Is this odd? Is this how pregnant women....you know the kind, with the big bellies, is this the way they feel? Is it hormonal? Is it just what they call "being maternal." All around me the past few weeks-from my Blog makeover queen Heather to my Coach Jille to Oprah Winfrey there is is this talk about something called "The Secret". Bottom line, it's the law of attraction-what we put out, we will get back. Perhaps this has something to do with my feelings ...perhaps these feelings will grow and grow until Lia and I meet. Maybe these feelings are attracting someone over in China to believe in their hearts that their baby has a forever mommy and daddy in America that will make her life special. Maybe somewhere in China, I'm attracting a young couple to make love and conceive this special angel. I don't know why I am feeling so strongly about this attraction principle. Can this mother's love transcend the miles and miles of the world to attract my baby to me....?
(check out Heather's new blog: http://threethanks.blogspot.com/)

No comments: