Sunday, February 11, 2007

A nice day out of bed


Today I ventured out of bed for the first time in several days. Not to bad! I feel much better, although pretty tired right now. Anyway, Joe and I attended a Families with Children from China New Year Celebration. It was at a place called the Majestic Buffet, about 20 minutes from here. So much food! We walked in a little overwhelmed-wherever you looked you just spotted the most precious little girls....fortunetly one of my Waiting Family buddies Chris and her husband Tim were there. We joined them at their table. It was a really sweet day. Also joining us was the most wonderful family. There were two biological daughters and two adopted chinese daughters -3 and 3.5 years old. Plus another son at home! This mommy is pretty special. Her one chinese daughter, Lea (yes another one!) was actually home just five months . What a beauties all her kids were. At one point her daughter Keira (3.5 year old) let me dance with her. It was so cute. She stood on the stage by herself and just shook her booty! Then she started holding herself which is the universal sign for ...I gotta pee pee! What a cutie! I am glad Joe got to join me at the event. It's really important for me to feel apart of this community. It was a room filled with families started just like mine. It's a strong connection to me, and one I feel very happy to have.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Wendy- I wish I had know you were attending as we were there too & are eager to meet other NJ families with an October LID. Sorry we missed meeting you. Maybe we will meet soon at one of the gatherings of Sept. DTC families from NJ.
-Shannon Chambers