Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Addie's Chinese New Year





It's funny, when my nieces Hayley and Sydney were younger, Aunt Wendi ruled! Now they are just to busy and "too cool" for me (smile). But, that's what normal middle-school kids do! But my soon to be six year old niece Addie, well, thankfully she is just getting used to the idea that Aunt Wendi is really cool. Today she called me after school..."Aunt Wendi, guess what! We are having a Chinese New Year Party at Hebrew School!" I said, "wow! that is so cool! What did u tell your teacher!?" She said, "I told her that my Aunt Wendi has a daughter in China...my cousin Lia!!" I said, "that is so great Addie...do u know that it is the year of the pig?" She said, "not it isn't, it's the Year of the Snake!" Addie is a bit confused...when we had lunch with Christine and her daughters Leah and Caroline they told Addie she was born in the year of the Snake. Apparently to Addie, every Chinese New Year is the Year of the Snake ! I love that child! Here are some recent photos of Addie and her sisters!

No comments: