Sunday, September 24, 2006

This mom is back

I was away in Palm Beach for a few days on a business trip. We had tons of time to relax, so it was just what the doctor ordered. I tried not to think about the adoption, yeah sure. I couldn't do anything but! I told everyone there I was going to be a mom...and the reception was so warm and so genuinelly happy for me. When I got home, I called my agency to check up on my paperwork....I was told that we should definetly be "DTC" this coming week!!!! This is a very big deal...what this means is Dossier to China....all the papers are sent to the CCAA which manages all the adoptions. Then a few weeks later, we will receive the "LOG IN DATE" ...then the official wait begins. I know that this doesn't make sense for those outside the adoption community, but for those of us in it....this is HUGE....we are officially "pregnant" and the countdown is on. The work is done, and now we wait. Today I had lunch with Chris (Hi Chris, if you check the blog). It was wonderful! We met online thru the adoption message boards. She lives very close by, so it was good to finally get together. It was fabulous to talk to someone who totally understands. Her and her hubby have a LID of late May, so I can't wait to watch her get her referral next Spring/early Summer.... these connections are huge for us and for our daughters. It's very exciting, and I can't wait to meet the others. I am hoping that my hubby can join me at some of the special events that are held for "waiting families", he is always so busy with work, but for both of us, these opportunities will just make the time go by and the fact that we are having a baby together, be more "real"...we are having a baby!!! Baby L...can't wait till you are here!!!!

No comments: