Friday, September 15, 2006

One step closer!!!!!!

APPROVAL!!!!

We got it!!!! We got the approval to bring an orphan into this country!!!! This is it people...the last step before it gets sent to China...the next very important date is the DTC ...Dossier to China date....that's when the countdown really begins.

I can't tell you how happy I am. It's a huge relief to get this!!!! I am actually very proud of the work that it took us to get to this point. I have probably been a huge pain in the butt to my dear husband (dh) Joe, because I've been so stressed to get this all together...but we did it!!!!
I called everyone...first of course , Joe...who was hard at work, as usual....they I called my nieces....Hayley and Sydney, they were so excited...Hayley told me that "you will be the best mom Aunt Wendi"...and Sydney was screaming....of course the baby , Addison was sleeping, so we didn't want to wake her, but apparently, she is a "little jealous" because Lia will be spoiled and she won't anymore! I also called my parents, my friends Judy, David, Amy, Alysa, Kristen B, Kristen J, and of course my sister. My mom and I also called my Aunt and Uncle Dorothy and Mike...I've been waiting for the special time to tell them that we are naming them Lia's godgrandparents! They don't have grandkids, so I want to make sure, like me not having a child...they get their granddaughter! I am soooo excited...I was dieing to share this information with my stepkids, Adam and Annie, but we are waiting until they are here...to share the big news....
Now, this is so remarkable to me...but the date of approval was 9/11/06. The day is so important to me for so many reasons. There is the obvious...and that day changed my life as well as everyone's but I feel that after going thru that days' events, I opened my heart, and met my true love...my husband, just a few months later...almost to the day. It's so symbolic, that this day will mark a pivotal day in our daughter and our life. Then, another "sign" to me ...and I didn't realize this until my mom pointed it out...but 9/11 was my grandmom Rose Leah's wedding anniversary....who knows, another fitting sign, that Lia Rose is one step closer!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Wendi!! I am so excited for both you and Joe. Lia Rose is such a lucky little girl!!