Saturday, September 16, 2006

Jewish Neurosis

I really can't believe this is happening. I think it is really feeling "more real". The approval means the package goes to China, and then we wait for her. I will not let myself think of how anything can go wrong. There, I said it. But I won't anymore. It's all about positive energy and positive thinking. Like any mother with a baby due, you worry. As a Jewish person, I worry more :). No seriously, Jewish expectant moms don't even tell anyone until three months. And you really aren't supposed to bring anything into the house. There is a Yiddish expression I use. I am totally mis-spelling and maybe even using it incorrectly it but I will write it out phonetically---"ken-a-her-a "you don't want to "kenahera" it, but I'm going to have a baby!!!!" (Translation: you don't want to jinx it, but I'm going to have a baby) So the question for me will be when do I actually start buying stuff?....I see others are already doing it...But I am still a neurotic Jewish gal, and I'm not sure I should. Yet, I want to. I guess , it can't hurt!!!!

1 comment:

dawn said...

My hubby is the worlds most superstitous man alive. With our first adoption he only told his mother and the friends that wrote our referral letters. He was CONVINCED he would jinx something. Once we got our referral he went nuts, telling the world and shopping. THis time around, thank goodness he is more relaxed. I bought a few things last time but never said to much to him about them and just casually put them away and told my family all about them. I tried to keep my big mouth shut but lets just say, that's kinda hard :)