Sunday, February 22, 2009

Designing woman

Lia's bedroom is coming together.
Furniture ordered-beautiful white twin bed, really nice high dresser and a night table. Also in the room is a maple chest that I have to keep. I changed the knobs to white, although,I might change them back. The colors of the room are going to be Mocha brown (one wall) and the three others will be light chiffon pink. Base boards and doors painted white! I love it. I worked with a decorator friend of mine who found this cherry blossom pattern that we are looking to have drapes made. My sister planted the cherry blossom theme in my head and it stuck. The floors are dark wood and I'll get a pretty pink rug. Lia also has a nice size closet walk in closet with half of it now being set up for toys. The girl's room will be nicer then mine when it is all said and done..but she deserves it! It really is so much fun doing this!!! I was scared of this part..I never felt adequate in the decorating department, but it will be so pretty!

4 comments:

veggiemom said...

Sounds gorgeous! I can't wait to see pics!

Susan said...

If you think the room is beautiful now, wait til it has Lia in it!

JoAnn in NJ said...

So Happy for YOU and LIA Wendy!
Congratulations on becoming a family!

Your room sounds really lovely!

Jocelyn said...

I can't wait to see it!! I am so, so excited to be reading posts like these on your blog:-)